Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Christmas Cards - again :)

I said I was going to design a couple of Thanksgiving cards, but once again I ended up doing Christmas cards:) I love the reindeer on the Joys of the Season cartridge - there are 3 styles, and they are so gorgeous! The swirly Christmas tree from the Christmas cartridge is another favorite - so I just had to make more Christmas cards.
The patterned paper is "Vintage Blue Strokes" by the Paper Studio, purchased at Hobby Lobby, and I used it on both cards. The sparkly cardstock paper is from the Core-dinations Couture line, from JoAnn's, and is so pretty in person. I also used it on both cards. (It cuts like butter on the Cricut!) The star atop the Christmas tree is a silvery button from JoAnn's.

On the Reindeer card I attached Jolee's Swavorkski crystals to the middle of the two larger snowflakes. To make the antlers even more sparkly I used the Clear Star gel pen over them. On the hooves I added Tiara Stickles, and at the bottom I used a wide tip Zig glue pen to make strokes, then added white glitter to make it look snowy (doesn't show up in the photo very well).


5 comments:

  1. Pretty card Patsy. Great die cuts and colors. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the x-mas tree card looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and I really love that reindeer on the cart too!!!

    Glad to see you and I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love the blue on blue...very pretty...and the extra sparkle. So cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete