Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Paper Roll Mini Album

I have been wanting to make a paper roll mini album for quite a while. Since I didn't have any instructions, I kept putting it off. Thinking about it yesterday, I thought "it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make one." I used paper towel rolls, cutting them down to 3-1/2" (toilet paper rolls are 4" but I didn't have any empty ones on hand:). Using 2 empty rolls, I cut 5 sections for my album. I flattened them out with my roller, then creased all the edges with a bone folder. Some people use card stock to cover the rolls, but I preferred to use regular weight designer paper - it was much easier to adhere and manipulate around the paper rolls and added less bulk. I cut the paper to 3-1/2" wide by 6" length - this wrapped perfectly around the roll leaving enough overlap. I used a floral pattern and a striped pattern, alternating as I designed each page. For embellishments I used buttons, ribbons, paper, stickers, flowers and some bling. I cut the tags from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More, tan card stock. I used brown, green and dark red ink to edge the tags. I have three of the tags stamped, and will stamp the other two later. I'm not quite finished, but enough so that I can post these photos! Click on the photos to get a detailed, close-up view. 







Theme possibilities for this project are endless! When you have a few free minutes, go to youtube.com and search for "paper roll mini albums" - you will be amazed by the beautiful paper roll albums available for your viewing pleasure:):):)

Have a wonderful day and may God bless you!!!

8 comments:

  1. very cute! I love it and I miss scrapbooking so much! When Brady starts preschool I am penciling you in my calendar for scrapbooking together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy! I was delighted to see you stopped by my blog and I must confess, I felt a little guilty that I haven't been over to yours in ages. And how glad I am that I did! Your mini album is fabulous! I am trying to do some of those projects that I keep meaning to try but never seem to get around to. Or, I'm just too afraid they won't come out right. Thanks for the little boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to recycle. I must start collecting my rolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous album... and you made it out of paper rolls! Great colors, pockets, and tags. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love how you added the extra pockets. I was just googling diffent ideas. I'm planning on holding a class in August to make the mini toilet paper albums. Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: Being a new paper crafter it does take rocket science for me to accomplish something. Thank you for sharing this item. I was actually able to follow it quite well. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete