Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Christmas Cards using Cuttlebug

My intentions were to design some Thanksgiving cards, but somehow I ended up making Christmas Cards! I used the Cuttlebug on all three of these cards. The paper I used is really beautiful, but I just couldn't capture it in these photos. It's irridescent and has a swirly design which reminds me of snow swirls - I bought it at Hobby Lobby so I don't know the vendor. But it is definitely gorgeous in real life! I was a little lazy on these cards - I used white textured already cut-and-folded blank cards from Hobby Lobby as my bases ;)
On the card with the bird, I used Tiara Stickles to add definition to the cut and pop-dotted it. On the reindeer card, I used the Swiss Dot folder on the background mat and on the reindeer. I used Clear Star gel pen on the antlers, and Stickles on the hooves. Using the wide point Zig glue pen, I stroked glue across the bottom and sprinkled with white glitter (to create a snowy look).
The Merry Christmas card is white-on-white with red accents. This card was very hard to photograph! I cut "Merry Christmas" using the Wild Card cartridge. The paper is the Cor-dinations Sparkle - and it cuts very easily on the Cricut. It is the same swirly snow paper on all three cards (I love it!).



No comments:

Post a Comment