Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Frame with Matching Trinket Box

I am teaching our monthly technique class this month, and the project is "Frame with Matching Trinket Box". The frame is like the one in a recent previous post, just a different color scheme.
Specifics: The frame is 5x7 pressed paper (aka paper mache') with an opening for 3-1/2x5" photo. The box is also pressed paper and attendees will receive either an oval or round box in their kits. I first painted the frame with white acrylic paint. After it dried, I applied purle, lilac and mint green Cats Eye inks in a swirly pattern to the frame. (The white paint lightened the colors. If you prefer darker hues, then skip painting the frame.) Due to class time restrictions I decorated the frame simply with bling, butterfly and flourish purchased at Michaels.


I made the two larger flowers and the small one is from my stash.
The Trinket box is decorated with paper, so it doesn't need to be painted. I used two styles of the Jubilee paper line by K&Company and ribbon from Michaels to decorate the box. I matched the decor from the frame on the lid of the box, and tied a ribbon around the lip of the lid.
I also created a masculine version, which I will post later! Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. what a great project, beautiful....hope your week is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Patsy! What a BEAUTIFUL set! I love the flowers, so elegant! You are a follower of my blog, and I just wanted to let you know I have some great blog candy for a super cause if you are interested. http://bigislandlady.blogspot.com/2011/07/joannes-blog-candy.html

    Aloha, Joanne

    ReplyDelete