Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Photo Frame

This photo frame is easy and inexpensive to make! I bought the frame at Hobby Lobby for $1.99.
The frame 's color is like a brown paper bag and you can use paint or ink (or both) to create your choice of color. For my frame, I used three different Cat's Eye ink to create a fall look. (The photo was taken in the fall.) I randomly applied red, brown and green inks to achieve an autumn color scheme. The paper is from my stash and I don't recall the vendor. It is a medium-dark green and has a subdued leaf pattern design. I cut the leaves, flower parts, and branch on my Cricut and lightly skimmed brown ink on the pieces. Note: If you want your colors to be brighter, paint the frame with a coat of white paint, then apply your inks.
FYI: The picture is of Cheryl (on the left) and her daughter Kelly. Very dear to my heart are they - Cheryl is like a sister to me, and Kelly is as a daughter. They have blessed my life more than they will ever know!!!

This is a close up of the flower. I cut five different sizes from the green paper, sprayed the pieces with water and crumpled them up to dry. When the pieces were totally dry, I uncrumpled them (very carefully), punched a hole in the center of each piece and used a gold brad to hold the flower together. I skimmed gold ink over the flower and then adhered to the frame.


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Patsy! I love it! I *so* wish I had a HL in my area!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patti, I love what you did with this frame!!! And it's such a perfect backdrop for the fall scene picture of your beautiful friend and her lovely daughter.

    Hugs, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete