Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, May 10, 2010

scrapbookpal.com

Scrapbookpal.com is one of my most favorite retailers on the Internet. I LUV the Cats Eye Fluid Chalk ink pads - they are so perfect for edging and getting in small places. Scrapbookpal sells them for $1.65 each, have EVERY color (regular and metallic), and FREE shipping with a minimum $25 order!
My daughter recently ordered the flocking assortment for me, and I have been trying it out. I used it on the butterfly on the front of this card.
I stamped the butterfly image with black ink on Bazzill white cardstock. I filled in the small shapes with my Zig glue pen, and sprinkled blue flocking over the glue. Next I traced the outline of the image with my Zig pen and sprinkled purple flocking over the outline. I used Tiara Stickles (from Scrapbookpal) on the butterfly's antennae. After the Stickles dried, I applied Zig glue to the white areas of the butterfly's wings and misted with white Perfect Pearls. I used an art brush to lightly dust the Pearls over the flocking, resulting in a beautiful, soft effect. I tried to photograph how pretty the finished butterfly is in real life, but I just couldn't capture it. One thing I will do differently next time I use Flock and Perfect Pearls together - I will apply the Perfect Pearls first, the flocking next, then a very light dusting of the Perfect Pearls over the entire image as a last, finishing touch.

2 comments:

  1. Patsy, that card is so pretty!!! I like Scrapbook Pal too -- they have fast, dependable delivery, and not overpriced!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy, that's just so beautiful! You have such patience working with the flock and the perfect pearls. It all paid off in one gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete