Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Serenade Birdcage

I used the SERENADE cartridge to create this birdcage votive holder (battery-operated candle, of course). 
Using DesignStudio, I placed four birdcages side by side, each at 2.75" wide, and welded them together. After cutting on my Cricut E, I formed the cage by folding at each corner spot, and used a small piece of tape at the top and bottom to hold cage together. Bending the tops of the bird cage, I attached them together with a brad, forming an enclosed cage. I adhered 1/2" lace around top, and 1/4" ribbon around bottom. (I used double-sided adhesive to attach the lace and ribbon.) I added a small craft rose in the top middle (all four sides), and a flourish cut from the Cricut on the bottom of all four sides. I also glued a blue gem in the middle of the bottom on all four sides. The cardstock is blue metallic, but I can't remember the vendor. The color of the cardstock is more accurately represented in the photo with the candle turned on.
I had seen a very similar birdcage created by an extremely talented guy, but I can't remember his name. He was the creative inspiration for this project. If anyone knows of who I am speaking, please let me know.
If you would like the cut file, just email me at rezinc@aol.com . Thanks for looking and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Patsy!!! You are such a sweetie!!! I would just love for one of your projects to be in entered into the showcase!!! That would be wonderful!!! I am so honored!

    I left you a response on the mb, but I figured you may not be back, so I kind of high-tailed it over here to let you know I appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment!

    Oh! Great big big ole warm hugs right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Thanks for joining us at cuteandsome for the Designer Showcase!!

    ReplyDelete