Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Serenade Birdcage

I used the SERENADE cartridge to create this birdcage votive holder (battery-operated candle, of course). 
Using DesignStudio, I placed four birdcages side by side, each at 2.75" wide, and welded them together. After cutting on my Cricut E, I formed the cage by folding at each corner spot, and used a small piece of tape at the top and bottom to hold cage together. Bending the tops of the bird cage, I attached them together with a brad, forming an enclosed cage. I adhered 1/2" lace around top, and 1/4" ribbon around bottom. (I used double-sided adhesive to attach the lace and ribbon.) I added a small craft rose in the top middle (all four sides), and a flourish cut from the Cricut on the bottom of all four sides. I also glued a blue gem in the middle of the bottom on all four sides. The cardstock is blue metallic, but I can't remember the vendor. The color of the cardstock is more accurately represented in the photo with the candle turned on.
I had seen a very similar birdcage created by an extremely talented guy, but I can't remember his name. He was the creative inspiration for this project. If anyone knows of who I am speaking, please let me know.
If you would like the cut file, just email me at rezinc@aol.com . Thanks for looking and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Patsy!!! You are such a sweetie!!! I would just love for one of your projects to be in entered into the showcase!!! That would be wonderful!!! I am so honored!

    I left you a response on the mb, but I figured you may not be back, so I kind of high-tailed it over here to let you know I appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment!

    Oh! Great big big ole warm hugs right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Thanks for joining us at cuteandsome for the Designer Showcase!!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget